Join us inside Quail Creek State Park at Dig Paddlesports for a Kayak Merit Badge Workshop. Thanks to Kori Russell for initiating the session.
Led by Professional Stand Up Paddle Association (PSUPA) Instructor Trainer and Eagle Scout Bill Ennis and the Dig Guide Team, learn about the different ways kayaks and paddles are made and used, as well as the basics of kayak control, self-recovery, and assisted recovery. Yes, THERE WILL BE RACES. No, you won't get to pick your teams! (Evil laugh, evil laugh...)
You will walk away with kayaking confidence and be better prepared for your next paddling adventure!
Sign up here for the dramatically reduced rate of just $25/Scout. All equipment will be provided, including PFDs/vests. VESTS MUST BE WORN WHEN ON/IN THE WATER PARTICIPATING IN THIS COURSE.
Prospective Schedule (we'll update as needed):
- 08:45: Check in at Dig Paddlesports, get wristband
- 09:00: Class introduction, meet your instructors, safety brief and facility orientation (you'll want to know where the bathrooms are and where to buy the shaved ice!)
- 09:10: Equipment orientation - paddles, Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs), kayaks
- 09:35 - 12:00: Skill stations
- 12:00-12:45 Lunch Break. We sell super-fancy (not) hot dog/drink/chips lunches for just $5, FYI
- 12:45 - 3:30 (or sooner): Skill stations
- 3:30 - 3:45: Relay race
For more information contact Kori at email@example.com